- The UPC and Eolgreen design the first public lighting system that runs on solar and wind energy
- A team at the UPC designs technology that automates the production of football match highlights
- A group of researchers and students at the EPSEVG have designed a tool to help people with disabilities to learn and communicate
- Collaboration to develop more efficient, robust mobile equipment to collect bins
- Pre-enrolment is open for several master's degrees
Welcome to LRG, the Lightning Research Group at the Technical University of Catalonia.
The UPC LRG is focused on research and education in all the fields related to Lightning phenomema: Physics, Detection and Protection.
NEWS! PhD position in Atmospheric Electricity at UPC (Barcelona) Spain.
NEWS! The UPC LGR is currently in a mission in Curaçao! Our high speed video instrument has been set up at the Meteorological Department of Curaçao (www.meteo.cw).
NEWS! Nature publishes a Research Highlight of our research of lightning to wind turbines!
(see: Turbines shoot upside-down lightning, Nature, 506(7488):268–268, doi:10.1038/506268a)
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org