- The UPC launches its first MOOC, on machine translation
- A UPC experiment once again aboard a NASA rocket
- The UPC features for the first time in the general classification of the Shanghai Ranking
- The deadline for submissions to the SEAT-UPC Chair’s international competition to find the best doctoral thesis has been extended
- Trials begin with a new fall detector for the elderly that automatically notifies the emergency services
Welcome to LRG, the Lightning Research Group at the Technical University of Catalonia.
The UPC LRG is focused on research and education in all the fields related to Lightning phenomema: Physics, Detection and Protection.
NEWS! PhD position in Atmospheric Electricity at UPC (Barcelona) Spain.
NEWS! The UPC LGR is currently in a mission in Curaçao! Our high speed video instrument has been set up at the Meteorological Department of Curaçao (www.meteo.cw).
NEWS! Nature publishes a Research Highlight of our research of lightning to wind turbines!
(see: Turbines shoot upside-down lightning, Nature, 506(7488):268–268, doi:10.1038/506268a)
You can contact us at email@example.com