- It is among the world's top 30 universities under 50 years old
- A project coordinated by the UPC's Innotex Centre will allow European SMEs to anticipate fashion trends
- Design and patenting of a low-cost offshore wind turbine
- The UPC improves its position among the world's top 500 universities in the Taiwan Ranking
- UPC researchers discover that frogs can solve computing problems
Welcome to LRG, the Lightning Research Group at the Technical University of Catalonia.
The UPC LRG is focused on research and education in all the fields related to Lightning phenomema: Physics, Detection and Protection.
NEWS! (March 2015) Our Schumann resonance magnetometer has been setup in Cape Verde (Sal Island).
NEWS! The UPC LGR is currently in a mission in Curaçao! Our high speed video instrument has been set up at the Meteorological Department of Curaçao (www.meteo.cw).
NEWS! Nature publishes a Research Highlight of our research of lightning to wind turbines!
(see: Turbines shoot upside-down lightning, Nature, 506(7488):268–268, doi:10.1038/506268a)
You can contact us at email@example.com