- The UPC will open the Barcelona East School of Engineering (EEBE) in the 2016-2017 academic year
- The UPC is coordinating a European project aimed at reusing cork waste to generate energy
- ETSETB students collaborate with CERN to find solutions to societal challenges
- Sentiments expressed in the news indicate the behaviour of the financial market
- International Prize for an ETSAB urban development project to regenerate a Shanghai railway station area
Welcome to LRG, the Lightning Research Group at the Technical University of Catalonia.
The UPC LRG is focused on research and education in all the fields related to Lightning phenomema: Physics, Detection and Protection.
NEWS! (March 2015) Our Schumann resonance magnetometer has been setup in Cape Verde (Sal Island).
NEWS! The UPC LGR is currently in a mission in Curaçao! Our high speed video instrument has been set up at the Meteorological Department of Curaçao (www.meteo.cw).
NEWS! Nature publishes a Research Highlight of our research of lightning to wind turbines!
(see: Turbines shoot upside-down lightning, Nature, 506(7488):268–268, doi:10.1038/506268a)
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org