- It is among the 500 top universities worldwide in the 2015 U.S. News Best Global Universities ranking
- ESADE, IED and the ETSETB collaborate with CERN for innovation in meeting society's needs
- Research conducted by the UPC paves the way for custom-made catalysts that make vehicles and industrial processes more efficient
- The SEAT-UPC Chair organises an international competition to find the best doctoral thesis in the field of automotive engineering
- The UPC launches its first MOOC, on machine translation
Welcome to LRG, the Lightning Research Group at the Technical University of Catalonia.
The UPC LRG is focused on research and education in all the fields related to Lightning phenomema: Physics, Detection and Protection.
NEWS! PhD position in Atmospheric Electricity at UPC (Barcelona) Spain.
NEWS! The UPC LGR is currently in a mission in Curaçao! Our high speed video instrument has been set up at the Meteorological Department of Curaçao (www.meteo.cw).
NEWS! Nature publishes a Research Highlight of our research of lightning to wind turbines!
(see: Turbines shoot upside-down lightning, Nature, 506(7488):268–268, doi:10.1038/506268a)
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org