- A large global database to combat Chagas disease
- The effectiveness of a new drug against malaria has been proved using synchrotron light
- 3D printing by the CIM Foundation helps to simulate operations on children with cancer
- U-Multirank positions the UPC among the 150 best universities in the world for bachelor's degrees
- The UPC’s CIMNE and La Salle R&D are participating in the creation of the first human-voice simulator
Welcome to LRG, the Lightning Research Group at the Technical University of Catalonia.
The UPC LRG is focused on research and education in all the fields related to Lightning phenomema: Physics, Detection and Protection.
NEWS! PhD position in Atmospheric Electricity at UPC (Barcelona) Spain.
NEWS! The UPC LGR is currently in a mission in Curaçao! Our high speed video instrument has been set up at the Meteorological Department of Curaçao (www.meteo.cw).
NEWS! Nature publishes a Research Highlight of our research of lightning to wind turbines!
(see: Turbines shoot upside-down lightning, Nature, 506(7488):268–268, doi:10.1038/506268a)
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org