- The UPC is the top technical university in Spain and is among the top 500 universities in the 2015-2016 THE rankings
- In the 2015-2016 academic year, the UPC will teach the first official bachelor’s degree in Video Game Design and Development entirely in English
- The UPC is still the leading university in Spain in Engineering and Technology, according to the 2015 QS World Universities Ranking
- Valèria Cid, architect, and Pedro Lorenzo, a retired ETSAV professor: "Capacity and efficiency are the keys to cooperation"
- The UPC is ranked in the 2015 Shanghai Ranking’s general classification for another consecutive year
Welcome to LRG, the Lightning Research Group at the Technical University of Catalonia.
The UPC LRG is focused on research and education in all the fields related to Lightning phenomema: Physics, Detection and Protection.
NEWS! (March 2015) Our Schumann resonance magnetometer has been setup in Cape Verde (Sal Island).
NEWS! The UPC LGR is currently in a mission in Curaçao! Our high speed video instrument has been set up at the Meteorological Department of Curaçao (www.meteo.cw).
NEWS! Nature publishes a Research Highlight of our research of lightning to wind turbines!
(see: Turbines shoot upside-down lightning, Nature, 506(7488):268–268, doi:10.1038/506268a)
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org